Dr. Thomas Grimshaw, President of LENRGY, LLC, is the primary researcher for the LENR Research Documentation Initiative (LRDI). Additional information on LENRGY is here. From 2006 to 2019, Dr. Grimshaw was affiliated with The University of Texas at Austin. While there, he accomplished LENR policy and other projects and initiatives for over 14 years. These activities are shown below.
- Preservation and Documentation of LENR Research of Senior Investigators
- Government Agency Responsibilities for LENR Research Support
- Proposals for a LENR Laboratory in Northern New Mexico
- Integrated Policy Development for Realizing LENR Benefits – and Dealing with Its Secondary Impacts
- Evaluation and Support of Promising LENR Approaches
- Technology Assessment of Secondary Impacts of LENR Deployment
- Cold Fusion in US Energy Policy Formulation
- Evidence-Based Policy Studies for Cold Fusion Research Support
- Other Presentations and Reports
Project management is essential to the success of the LRDI. Before becoming involved with LENR, Dr. Grimshaw had a lengthy career in managing projects for environmental protection and cleanup.
Environmental Management Responsibilities
Dr. Grimshaw worked primarily as a technical consultant, providing professional services while employed at several of the foremost environmental companies in the U.S. Much of his environmental work was for energy-related facilities, including oilfield waste sites, coal mines, petroleum refineries, coal-fired power plants, and synthetic fuels (coal gasification and liquefaction) plants. He managed environmental compliance, site cleanup, and related projects for many clients and at a variety of sites such as municipal infrastructure projects, commercial facilities, and government installations.
As Senior Consultant for Project Management at Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure, Dr. Grimshaw served as internal project management consultant. For example, he provided environmental advisory services to the Presidency of Meteorology and the Environment (PME) of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). He also prepared project management plans for several large clients, including McDonalds, AT&T, and Freeport McMoran, as well as the City of New Orleans and the South Florida Water Management District.
Dr. Grimshaw served as Associate Director for Environmental Programs at the Bureau of Economic Geology, The University of Texas at Austin. He successfully developed programs with federal and state agencies in support of their regulatory and research missions. These agencies included the U.S. DOE, U.S. EPA, U.S. AID, Railroad Commission of Texas, Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission, Texas Department of Transportation, and Texas General Land Office. Dr. Grimshaw also accomplished international initiatives for Environmental Programs in Belize, Venezuela and on border with Mexico.
Earlier in his environmental career, Dr. Grimshaw held the following positions:
- Director of Texas Operations (RMT, Inc.)
- Director, Program and Organization Development (Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure)
- Program Director, Mergers & Acquisitions and Organization Development (International Technology Corporation)
- Director, Professional Services (Shaw Beneco)
- Project Director, Enterprise System Development (International Technology Corporation)
- General Manager, Austin Operations (International Technology Corporation)
- Program Manager, Research & Engineering Operations (Radian Corporation)
- Technical Staff Manager, (Radian Corporation)
Professional Geologist, American Institute of Professional Geologists, License 4425, 1976
Licensed Professional Geologist, Texas Board of Professional Geoscientists, License 1086, 1980-2019
M.P.Aff., Public Affairs, 2008, The LBJ School of PublicAffairs, The University of Texas at Austin
Ph.D., Geology, The University of Texas at Austin
M.A., Geology, The University of Texas at Austin
B.S., Geological Engineering, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology